Monday, April 12, 2010

A new seaon! A new day!




I am officially beginning my first blog! There are so many of you that I want to update on this crazy adventure that God has been leading me on. As most of you know I did a DTS (discipleship training school) with YWAM (Youth With A Mission), in Australia last year. When I came home I had no idea what God had for me next, with the exception that he had given me a vision of speaking in churches after I came back from doing missions. I had the opportunity to speak at two different churches while I was home but once that was said and done I was left wondering, "what now?" I prayed and thought of so many things and places I could go. I tried to move back to Tacoma but the Lord had shut those doors. I was confused, frustrated, a bit depressed, and just felt plain stuck. One night about 2 months ago now, I went to a church service where an on fire for Jesus Indian preacher who I met previously going to Australia/India, was speaking. Excited to see me, he asked what I was up to. I plainly said "I have NO IDEA what I am up to", so he prayed for clarity and God spoke through him saying I would get a phone call and I would know what I am to do. Thankful for that word, I had some doubt not knowing how on earth someone would call me since I had just activated my phone that day and no one had my phone number. So I kept praying hoping God would give me clarity but all he would speak to me was that HE had a plan for me, not to worry about it, and everything he does is strategic. I was a little bit frustrated since all I could do was WAIT no matter how hard I tried! About a month went by and I had met with Ronda and we talked about a possibility of going to Kona and being involved with the YWAM base there. I had such peace about going but still had some reservations thinking I was done with YWAM. So I had went home and prayed about it and the Lord clearly spoke, "GO TO KONA." So in response I said I need you to confirm this so I know that none of it was of me and you will have to provide. The next DAY I get a message from Ronda telling me that a couple from our church need a nanny while they do a dts in kona! NO STINKING WAY! The Lord let everything fall into place from there and I am now a nanny for the Ords and enjoying a place Ive always dreamed of going to, Hawaii! I have been so blessed beyond words, I am brought to tears of how good God is and that he would choose to bless me in a such a way. We have been here for a week getting acclimated and enjoying our surroundings. I have loved getting to know the Ords, they are becoming so dear to my heart! I am excited for this season and to see what God is going to do and what this will lead into! Praise JESUS!

plumerias after a down pour on base




2 comments:

  1. Yeahhhhhhhhh! Shawna, I really look forwrd to reading your blogs ( not only because the background colours are super friendly and joyous to my eyes) but because I know God has tons planned for you! Keep it up!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Taisa!!! Thank you for your support and encouragement! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete