Sunday, June 12, 2011

The sandals on HIS feet... Israel Continued


 Before we headed out to Jerusalem.. we went to a town called Natania...pretty sure I spelled it wrong... anywhoo... we had a contact out there that had invited us to help out with a food drive that they normally do. So we packed our bags and headed out. We arrived and immediately started setting up tables and the items to be given away. This food drive was not a normal one... this one was special and we were privileged enough to be a part of it. We were giving a way food, soap, heaters and such items to Holocaust Survivors. It was all very organized. They slowly came and grabbed the items from each table and were offered cookies and free literature about Jesus if they would like. Mind you there is a law in Israel that when giving away free items, Christian material and the Gospel cannot be forced upon the people. It can be available for them to freely choose to take. As well as, it is illegal for someone to share the Gospel and convert a person under the age of 18. I may have not worded those laws to the best of my knowledge but I would encourage you to check those out.  This was so amazing to me...I couldn't communicate with any of them because they all spoke Hebrew...all I could say was Todah... which is Thank you. I really wanted to be able to sit down and have a conversation with one of them. I am sure I could learn so much from them that it would change my life forever. I also wanted to ask them how they felt that I... a blonde haired, blue eyed German, was giving them food... there were definite moments I wanted to slip down my chair because I didn't want them to think I was anything like Hitler. I guess that is a big testimony in itself. To be honest that was a great but hard day for me.They all came and some stayed to listen to the music and grabbed some literature. After the long day, we cleaned up and headed to Jerusalem.

The Old City In Jersalem
First day in Jerusalem... wow so much different than Tel Aviv. I didn't mention it earlier, but Tel Aviv could be compared to LA. The reputation that we heard of, was it had a huge night life on the beach. Much partying and things of the sort... they even had surfers! WHOA huge surprise to me!! So back to Jerusalem, We took the bus about 10 mins to my families place. It was amazing. They were so welcoming and hospitable. Another surprise was that we could basically look out the window and see Mount Zion... and the Old City. To tell you the truth... I don't have a whole lot of knowledge about what happened there. Just a few tid bits here and there, but when you gaze at that city and those hills... the reality of Jesus sets in your heart. Whoa do I know and understand Jesus what you did... and the reality of how difficult that was... pah hardly...Oh Jesus how I hunger to know you deeply!

We were so privileged that we were in Jerusalem! We really felt like God was going to be doing something in us very significant while in this place. We did not have as many things lined up, so we were very flexible with what the Spirit wanted us to be doing. As we walked along the streets and visited the upper room, temples, the wailing wall, and many other places we would pray in our hearts or under our breath. One specific thing that God had been giving me revelation and understanding, was that since I am a child of God, I am a carrier of His Spirit, where ever I am I have the authority to change the atmosphere by just existing in that place. God poured so much life back into my heart while I was there and I was able to bring that to streets of Israel. God put so much joy in our team and we carried it every where we went. People noticed. A little side note, one of the strongholds and common thing I noticed was that the people are impatient and seem to be offended quickly. I had so much confidence that since God was encouraging us, as a team, to just enjoy ourselves, it was changing the atmosphere. We were moving things in the spiritual realm by just letting God be released in us. It was the most freeing, life giving trip I have ever experienced. My heart was being tugged by the people and the place.

We went to a church on Shabbat,  to the church my family attends. For those you that do not know what Shabbat is, it begins at sun down Friday night and ends on Saturday night when 3 stars appear in the sky. Its the day of rest and one is not allowed to work the slightest bit. They follow this strictly because God calls his Sabbath day Holy.  As we pulled into the parking lot, my relatives had shared with us that some Jews had previously lit the church on fire because of this conflict between Christians and non messianic Jews. We met a few contacts there to see what other ministries we could find to make available for future teams. Our team was prayed for at the end of the service to welcome us into the land.

A few days before we had to leave Jerusalem, Sam received an invitation to a prayer room that over looks Mount Zion, from a friend he had previously met. Our team went for a set that began in the evening and it was so refreshing. One of the leaders of the place had given a word... and honestly I do not fully remember a lot of what he said because I was so preoccupied with what God was working out of my heart... Which by the end he began to share about our offenses and how that hinders us from running into the fullness with the Lord and others. Which was exactly what God had been trying to get out of my heart. That night was so refreshing. The Lord is doing so much in Israel it would blow your mind. And I believe for the followers of Jesus in Israel, its a deep reality for them. They are living and walking and doing ministry in the land and with Gods chosen people! How incredible is that! Before I forget, while staying in Jerusalem, we had the opportunity to go to the Dead Sea! It probably was one of my biggest highlights! It is the weirdest strangest thing! You float and you dont even have to try! We as well bout the mud and covered ourselves. My skin and hair felt amazing afterwards! So, if you ever feel like going to a spa, just head to the dead sea and it should do the trick!


After a week in Jerusalem... with anticipation and sadness we had to pack our bags and head out to Karm'iel, which is only 30-40 mins away from Mount Carmel. We had a few contacts lined up but they fell through, so we tried to head to Mount Carmel by bus... but the bus driver told us to get off at the wrong stop and we got a bit turned around. Oh the adventures in different countries! They always make me chuckle inside. Chuckle thats a funny word... So we finally made it to Mount Carmel but not to the historical site. After about an hour or so of traveling and  getting lost with buses... we just went to a mall to meet up with a potential student we would have here in Kona. It was nice to be with someone who could speak the language and get to know the culture a bit better. Even though people get impatient quickly... the culture is very laid back when it comes to restaurants. We never were given our bill unless we asked. It was very easy to just enjoy yourself. It was a nice way to wind down our trip. Our last night we went to a town that really seemed like in the middle of no where... and attended the most amazing church where they sang in Hebrew and blew the Shofar! It was INCREDIBLE! OH my heart just came alive seeing all these things! I could go on saying much more stories but that may have to come at a later time. Thank you all for your prayers and support! Its all building up the Kingdom and for a purpose that is greater than us! I pray that God is moving in your heart and giving you life and revelation just as He has done mine from this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment