Its been about 2 weeks since I have wrote a blog. Life has been busy here on campus. In about a month or so we will all be heading out to our outreach destinations. The details are slowly but surely coming into place. Currently we are trying to tackle the visas. Not an easy task by any means, thankfully I have an amazing co-leader to be working with and getting most of those done! This past week was about missions and laying down our rights. It was such a good reminder. I am not my own, when I accepted Jesus into my life he became Lord of my life. Life is not about me but about Him; I do what he does, I say what he says. He is so worth it. Sometimes living in this western world I get so caught up in me, me, me. That's what I so admire about non western countries, they are so community oriented and are so servant hearted. This past week we also had a money deadline for the students. About 5 or 6 students needed their $2000 for the down payment for outreach. Within an hour and people obeying the Lord. God provided for every single student!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Basically turned into a dance party and rejoicing to JESUS!
Tomorrow is the beginning of week 7 (sheesh already!!) our speaker is Joseph Avakian and the topic is Worldview. God is going deep into everyone, he is stirring up everything that needs to be shaken so that he is the only solid rock in our lives. I truly believe that when we go out into the nations God is going to move in ways that we never thought possible. Its hard to even put that into words because its a way I CANT think POSSIBLE... God is preparing a people that will be living a life completely abandoned towards him that nothing else matters but to eagerly wait and prepare for his return. God has spoken about our team bringing Gods Healing to many people throughout India. We will see hurting people restored and filled with LIFE! People will find true love for the FIRST TIME! Its not by our own strength but only because we have fallen in love with God who created the universe and he wants to work through us that others may do the same! Please be keeping us in your prayers, we cannot do this alone. We are the body of Christ and we need those prayers to build us up in unity and strength that we may have the boldness to do what we are set out to do.
On a slightly different note...God has been stirring this revelation inside of me about the Fruits of the Spirit. Throughout scripture God speaks about us bearing much fruit or good fruit or bad fruit. He is the vine and we are the branches. Please as I am writing this I feel compelled to give you the freedom to give feedback about this or your revelations on it. It may seem so simple... but God moves in simplicity with power. As we surrender to the Lord, we start become like him. We become what we look at. The fruit we begin to bear is patience... we as Christians should be becoming more and more patient when we walk with HIS spirit. We bear love...it becomes easy to love people... give up our lives for people because we have been walking in his spirit. We should becoming more and more joyful because walking his spirit bears JOY! Peace...our spirits are at peace... not anxious or worried because walking in his spirit forms a solid trust in him so we are at peace... a peace that surpasses ALL understanding... whoa! We start becoming faithful... in all we do. People of integrity. Loyal. Trustworthy! How often do we not trust people? We should be the most trusted people... Walking in by his spirit. Gentleness, we are becoming people of compassion; being gentle with others,caring for them, and being understanding. And then there is Self control... I think that may be the hardest one... maaaaybbbeee... self control... in what I eat...what I think... being able to say no to certain activities... or movies... self control possibly meaning disciplined...in everything I do. Knowing whats right and having the self control to choose to do that. Along with that one I think goes with having a steadfast mind. We have a healthy way of thinking and are strong enough there to control giving into emotions or peer pressure. Being firm, solid and steadfast. Its so interesting how in Galations 5:19 and on, it paints a picture of what we are without Chirst... our sinful nature-sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery; idolarty, and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, envy, drunkenness and so on. But when we follow after Jesus we get his fruit. The GOOD fruit! Ah! :) Thank you for taking the time to read this; a lot of it is in my mind still processing. Jesus is just so GOOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment