Sunday, January 23, 2011

Heaven Pespective.... wheres your focus?

I have been home a little over a month now. Although I haven't had a whole lot to do, God has been teaching me quite a bit. This is a time of resting and a refocusing. Its easy to seek the Lord when there is excitement in the air and busy bees all around. Motivating I would say ,but when times just aren't as crazy, it seems harder to just sit with Jesus. He is teaching me that its even more important to seek Him in the midst of what seems to be mundane. The only reason why the mundane can become glorious is because of HIM.

Foucus and Strength are a few words that my next season can be defined by. I am staying home until early to mid February for my brothers wedding and then returning back to YWAM Kona. There I will be serving on campus. Being involved with the prayer room in some shape or form and possibly in student services, where I will help incoming students with visas and things of the sort. I am looking forward to be growing within community and preparing for our upcoming DTS in July!

The Lord has been speaking to me a lot about focus. Where ever your eyes are set, your heart tends to follow. My focus isn't always where it should be. I want heavens perspective. I want to be looking into His eyes of fire. It requires of me to settle all of my thoughts, calming of my soul, and to just rest in who He is. To be fully satisfied in God, where there is no other activity that is more fulfilling than walking and abiding in God. He promised it and I desire to take a hold of that promise.

What if we all started believing that we were seated in heavenly places? What were our lives look like? Our thought life... where would they go? Our hearts would always know whats true and  would believe it because we are surrounded by his TRUE glory! Hmm... Our struggles would seem so small...that is where most of our struggles start... our mind...our thoughts...those lies Satan feeds us we choose to so easily believe... they become strongholds and now guess what? Darn we're bound! AH I dont want to be there... HELL in my mind! I want HIS eternal Glory to fill my mind...His peace... His love...His joy... What do you think he really thinks about...? REALLY? His thoughts about you? His thoughts about me? His thoughts about that flower that he made? He said we could have the mind of Christ. We aren't fully there yet, Hes renewing it, conforming it to be in His likeness. Jesus take me there. Everyday.

                                                  
Well I feel stirred and alive after getting all that out. Hope you do to! God fill our minds with your glory. Burn away everything that is not of you. May every who reads this be filled with your presence!

Prayer-
  • I may walk in the fullness of Jesus, his life and joy in abunance
  • I would be intentional with everyday, always knowing what is on Gods heart and walking in obiedience
  • Breakthrough in prayer and intimacy with Jesus
  • Breakthrough for deeper lifelong friendships
  • Provision with Finances- praying for $1000 in monthly support


No comments:

Post a Comment