Monday, July 04, 2011

Just say Yes

Welp! Its almost that time! We have been preparing for this time for months and months now! With many things to still get done... in 4 Days is Arrival Day for our students to get here July 7th also known as Revival DAY! Wow I really hope that you have read the previous post to get a glimpse of what has been going on here. Its been incredible. I have so much expectancy for God to do some amazing things... to try and figure out what those amazing things are beyond me at this point.

I have more faith and trust in God more than I ever have and I believe that God is going to move powerfully in peoples lives. We are learning to move out of a place of being children of God, instead of a place of striving and begging for God to do something. For so long I have always tried to keep it together and appear to be perfect when knowingly on the inside I was very broken and very much in need of help. A few days ago, us staff had a time where we got together to just hang out with the Holy Spirit, whatever that would look like. So there was a time where one of our fellow staffers invited us to hold nothing back from the Lord and respond to him whether that be crying out to him or sitting in silence. Some people began to cry out and I felt the need to just kneel and be on my face. As I was sitting there, asking the Lord to take all of me and be no hindrance of me giving him all of me, another fellow staffer was crying out... In my heart, I felt like I was holding back because I wasn't responding with my verbal voice. But as I sat there, God began to simply speak to me about how the role of a man is to pursue a woman when it comes to marriage and the woman needs to just respond. He then said in the same way I am your groom and you are my bride, I am pursuing you and your posture is to just keep saying yes. Just keep saying yes. I just felt this grace come in my being and that pressure of striving to look a certain way or respond the correct way began to just ease away. Oh, I am looking forward of this season of just resting in God and His peace. Responding in complete surrender and obedience by just saying yes. Never moving out of a place of performance, but a confidence that I am a Daughter of the King.


I will be hopefully posting a few more updates within this week. Please be praying for our school, our finances our students, staff, and the workings of everything coming together. If there is something that you would like me to pray for please let me know. I would gladly pray with you. Love yall




No comments:

Post a Comment