Many of you know that I have been on a journey of waiting for what God had next for me. Back in 2011 I went home to the Yakima Valley from staffing with YWAM in Kona, Hawaii for 2 years. It was difficult because I had no vision as to what I was to do. God clearly told me to wait on going back to Kona. I didn't have peace until I surrendered and said " Ok, God I choose to trust you and obey" even though its not what I wanted.
Its now been almost 5 years of waiting. Lots of things happened in the midst of those years, created friends lost friends. Moved around so much and felt so much like an orphan with no vision. I failed in my flesh much but God still was giving me small pieces of the puzzle along the way. He spoke to me about roots going down deep, He spoke to me about the Kingdom and Kingdom Seeds. and then one day He told me to study the story of Joseph and the book of Joshua. As I was sitting there reading Joshua, He suddenly spoke me in a way that he never has before. He clearly said to me "This is a season of fulfilled promises over you and over this region. And the Seahawks will win the Superbowl and a sign of what I am doing," Hope filled my heart but at the same time He never said something to me so big before. Mind you, I am the biggest football fan and I most definitely wasn't going to go around telling people that the Seahawks were going to win. As time went on and the Seahawks won a ridiculous game, I really started to believe what God had said to me. He confirmed it through so many things and also telling quite a few other people the same thing. So without a shadow of a doubt I know God said its a season of fulfilled promise. With that said, I still had no idea what looked like and still don't fully.
One day as I was driving, a question subtly ran through my mind..."What if you were to do BSSM?" Nothing I had ever desired to do and the thought just passed. The very next day, a good friend of mine messaged me on Facebook and asked "Have you ever thought about doing BSSM?!" Definitely felt like it was Holy Spirit orchestrated. After getting counsel from some trusted people and seeking the Lord. I am fully running in that direction. I am currently working 2 jobs and saving as much as I can. The school is $4500 for the whole year. As of right now I do not have all the money to cover the school. I need $2500 by the start of the school. I may be able to get close to that at the start date. I am trying to transfer to the Hilton Garden Inn down in Redding, but currently they are fully staffed. I will be paying rent and paying for my car as well. So more or less I am taking a risk and step of faith moving down there out of obedience and see what God is going to do.
Thank you to those who have been with me in the process and have encouraged me and loved me in the midst of hardship and pushing me forward. I am so thankful. I know its a season of fulfilled promise!
If you would like to give towards my tuition follow the link and type in my First and Last name :Shawna Schlenker
https://my.bssm.net/donations/students/search
No comments:
Post a Comment